Monday, February 16, 2015

Let The Sky Fall

Author: Shannon Messenger
Goodreads Rating: 3.91
Pages: 404
Format: ARC gifted from friend


Vane Weston should have died in the category-five tornado that killed his parents. Instead, he woke up in a pile of rubble with no memories of his past - except one: a beautiful, dark-haired girl standing in the winds. She swept through his dreams ever since, and he clings to the hope that she's real.
Audra is real, but she isn't human. She's a sylph, an air elemental who can walk on the wind, translate its alluring songs, even twist it into a weapon. She's also a guardian - Vane's guardian - and has sworn an oath to protect him at all costs.
When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both their families, Audra has just days to help Vane unlock his memories. And as the storm winds gather, Audra and Vane start to realize that the greatest danger might not be the warriors coming to destroy them, but the forbidden romance growing between them.





Talk about a wonderfully original idea that was not only that, but had the amazing follow through to back it up. Right away, I fell in with the story and I fell in love with Audra and Vane, and I just want to take dollies of them and mash their faces together. This book is one of the books that its painful for me to have to wait a whole year for the next book because there was so much more to the story that I cannot wait to get to read. I really connected with the plight of both characters and what they were going through as they struggled with their decision to either be together or not.

I really loved Vane and the way that he was always thinking. I kept thinking that THAT is how a guy thinks, mostly about nothing, but sometimes about sex, but also not. He was funny and troubled, but at the same time he was just really fun. I was expecting a totally different book when it first started, I won’t lie. I sort of expected him to be a human who was just saved by this girl, but I think that the story line that Vane did have was so much more interesting than the one that I expected.

I really adored Audra as she discovered this human life that seemed beyond her. As Vane introduced her to what it meant for him to be human. These character's became so real to me. She was so focused on her mission that it was fabulous to watch her and Vane fall in love with each other. There was some instalove, but I felt like that was excusable because even though he was unaware of their deep history, I think that it was still there on a deeper level.

I adored this book and it makes me sad that this series is only a trilogy because I want to much more of Vane and Audra and although this book has an interesting ending. I can't wait to see how things will come together for the next book.
The Courts Decision:



Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...