Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Skinnytaste Cookbook by Gina Homolka


Title: The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor
Author: Gina Homolka
Goodreads Rating: 4.41
Format: Hardcover

Gina Homolka is America’s most trusted home cook when it comes to easy, flavorful recipes that are miraculously low-calorie and made from all-natural, easy-to-find ingredients. Her blog, Skinnytaste is the number one go-to site for slimmed down recipes that you’d swear are anything but.


Here's something you probably don't know about me: I wanted to start a food blog. A remarkable, inticing, organized collection of delectable recipes and photos of said recipes.

But to create a food blog, one must actually have recipes to blog about. Sadly, I am a recipe follower, not a recipe developer. And given my actual track record with one blog, starting another one would probably be a disaster.

But I could at least review the cookbooks that I was following religiously, right?

Therefore, my first cookbook review: Skinnytaste by Gina Homolka.

Skinnytaste was a blog I stumbled upon while looking for low carb recipes and it's absolutely fantastic.  I don't think everyone should try a low carb diet, carbs are actually necessary, but I was desperate to try something different and healthy. Skinnytaste was an answer to my unspoken prayers.

Gina's book is a comprehensive assemblage of all of the most popular recipes from the blog. With the help of Nutritionist Heather K. Jones, Gina provides us with all of the nutritional facts we need for healthy and light eating.

I've tried a good amount of the recipes at this point and all of them have come out as hits. Even some of my family, who hate the idea of anything green, sing the recipes praises.

Highlights include:

1. Lemon Roasted Asparagus- Easy, low carb, and delicious side dish.
2. Noodle-less Zucchini Lasagna- Oh this was to die for. You wouldn't even realize that there was no lasagna noodles actually in the dish. The sauce was so flavorful that my family didn't believe me when I said it was homemade. Despite the fact that we all had extra servings, we still have leftovers for days. You're definitely going to want to make this dish.

Definitely do yourself a favor and check out Gina's blog and make sure you either get this book from your library or buy it. Trust me, you won't regret it.

The Court's Decision:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...