Saturday, May 18, 2013

BEABlitz: Macmillan Kids





Today, I have another publisher that decided to come and give an interview about what to expect from  Macmillan Kids this year at BEA! Check out below to see what you have to look forward to!




1.) How many years have you attended BEA?
                This will be my fifth BEA. The first two times I went recreationally, but the last few years it’s been all about working it!

2.) How would you compare BEA to other book conferences/events?
            It is intense! But in a good way. In the end, it’s all about publishers, librarians, reviewers, media, and book bloggers coming together to talk about all sorts of books and to discover new authors! It’s also a great time to meet new people from the different parts of the industry.

3.) Any suggestions for how bloggers/librarians should approach publishers at BEA? (I will admit I just stood around staring at booths until someone approached me because I was shy about it.)
                Don’t be shy! See someone in the booth with a badge? Just come on over and say hello, introduce yourself, and we can start talking books! I’m a huge fan of talking one-on-one about our titles.

4.) How much planning goes into an event like this for you and your coworkers?
            Simply put: a lot! Right after BEA, we meet and discuss what worked and didn’t work. So in essence, we start thinking about BEA a year in advance.
I will be quite honest though, I personally have no real hand in planning it. I just get my marching orders from the lovely Kate, in terms of author signings, galley giveaways, booth duty, and other events. I’m there to work and help! When BEA is finally upon us, it’s all hands on deck! Marketing, publicity, sales, and editorial all work together to have the booth ready, organize author signings, and make sure books are where they’re supposed to be, and coordinate meetings and lunches.

5.) Are there any titles from Macmillan or events going on at the booth you're excited about this year?
                We just posted our schedule on our blog so you can see what we’ve got going on:http://mackidsbooks.com/visit-us-at-bea/
                I am definitely excited for the Paul Pope signing we’ll be having, mostly because I’m a huge fan of his comic book art and I want to tell everyone that they should be too! We’ve got lots of authors at BEA who will be promoting their Fall 2013 books. Oh, and did we mention Bad Kitty will be there on Saturday? You should come and say hello!




Mac Kids was a great booth to stop by and were great to talk with! So stop by and say hey! And now we're getting super close to BEA! 11 days to go friends! Only 11 days!
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm hoping to pick up a copy of Tumble & Fall while I'm there. The cover is gorgeous and it sounds really interesting too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...