Monday, December 24, 2012

Eldest (Inheritance #2)

Author: Christopher Paolini
Goodreads Rating: 3.88
My Rating: 3 Stars
Pages: 679
Reviewed By: Nicole


Darkness falls ...Despair abounds ...Evil reigns ...Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire. Now Eragon must travel to Ellesmera, land of the elves, for further training in magic and swordsmanship, the vital skills of the Dragon Rider.
It is the journey of a lifetime, filled with awe-inspiring new places and people, each day a fresh adventure. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and Eragon isn't sure whom he can trust. Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle back home in Carvahall - one that puts Eragon in even graver danger. Will the king's dark hand strangle all resistance? Eragon may not escape with even his life.


I got this audiobook from my library so I could continue the Eragon series. I was totally not into this book. I did like following Eragon's tale, but I almost didn't want to continue the series after this book. I was so bored through most of it. It was great hearing about Eragon's travels with the Elves, but at the same time it was incredibly boring. I didn't care so much about him connecting with the ants and the trees and everything.

I think, for me at least, the best parts were when following Roran. I loved learning about what was happening with him while all the events of the first Eragon book. It was a lot more entertaining which is why I think that Paolini decided to include it. I loved how Roran became this badass. He became this undefinable force trying to save his girl.

I felt badly for the village and what they went through with the soldiers and having to fight them off. They didn't deserve anything that happened to them including the deaths of the children and men. But then again, they never do deserve it when it comes to oppressive regimes do they?

The ending was part of the most exciting as well because there was this huge fight that set the stage for the third book. What made it so important was because it explained the cover of the book and some unanswered questions from the beginning of the book. I realize I'm being totally vague, but I can't help it this time.

There were a few things that I predicted such as the beginning of the book coming back to the end and (sorry, for being vague again). All in all, it was the ending of this book that makes me want to go onto the second one because now I need to find out what happens next. 
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. This is a series that i love and one which made a spectacualr apearance in Eragon (book 1), hence why i just had to read on! Thanks for a fantastic review on a great book, that is a really good read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...