Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10)

Author: J.R. Ward
Goodreads Rating
: 4.42
My Rating:
5
Pages:
572 

Reviewed by: Amy

Synopsis: 


Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment is a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance- and is unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams—trapped in a cold, desolate netherworld—he turns to the angel to save his former mate, only to despair at the path he himself must take to set her free. As war with the lessers rages, and a new clan of vampires vies for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past, and a future that he doesn’t know he can live with… but can’t seem to turn away from.

Review:

First off, this book is really a 10 out of 5 stars I love it that much. Out of all the books in the series, this one is my new favorite I think (or very close to it). When I was reading this book, I was going through a very hard break up with someone I had loved for 4 years. We were in a long distance relationship for last 2 of those years so when we broke up, he just was gone from my life. I connected and empathized with Tohr through the whole book and seeing him heal and grow helped me get through my break up a little bit.

But on with the what else I thought of the book :) I absolutely LOVE J.R. Ward's writing style. She gives the brothers such a humorous way of speaking and it's one of the reasons I love the males :). I really liked how she separated the book into seasons as well. It worked nicely since the book took place over a long period of time but the idea of seasons and cycles played a heavy role in the book so it was a nice touch.

When I first heard that Tohr's book was coming out, I really pictured him with a sassy female; someone with an attitude or something (I don't know why) So when I read the summary of the book and found out the leading female of the book, I was surprised to see it was No'One. It took me a while to get used to the idea but after a while I couldn't think of anyone better for him. (especially because it works out nicely with John and Xhex :) they make a nice little family).

The book was a roller coaster of feelings. This is one of the few books I actually talk back to (example, "omg you did NOT just do that!"). I laughed, I got pissed, I cried I went through all the emotions with this book. MAD LOVE FOR THIS BOOK!!!
Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I just tagged you to recieve the Liebster Blog Award!!! head over to http://readbetweenthecovers.blogspot.com
    to accept your award, you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing about this series and i should really jump on it. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...