Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Time Will Come #5





The Time Will Come is a meme hosted by Jodie over at Books for Company. I keep wanting to call this This Too Shall Pass, but alas, that is not the name, but the concept is the same. These are books that I really want to read but just haven't gotten around to.


I got this book in March from my mother, and had decided I wanted to read it for the release. Apparently this was not to be and so it has been waiting on my shelf for me to have time to pick it up. I've never read anything by Picoult (shame on me I know) but I do have feelers out for a few of her books. I was hoping to get to meet her since she frequents a bookstore by where my boy goes to school, but I never luck out. Turns out that she's going to be doing a signing there this summer, but he won't be there and its right around my cousins wedding, bummer but also cool. This book sounds really cute, but you can judge it for yourself below. I also think it was sweet since it was written by Picoult and her daughter. Can I get an "awwwwwwww"? 


Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.

And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.

Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale.
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. I have one of Jodi Picoult's books too and I've never read it either. There are actually a number of popular authors out there I haven't read yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...