Thursday, January 5, 2012

Top 5 Series

I have read a lot of books in my short 20 years without including every book that I've read, my Goodreads.com total of read books is 488. Of course, that includes children's books, but still book's that I've read. Some of them have made a huge impact on me and they're counted among my favorite books. Since its been a while since I've read some of them a while a go, I won't include a full blog post about them, but here are some of my top books. I've also decided that I'm going to do a separate post for individual books because series and individual books are so different.


The list after the jump!



I loved the Hunger Games series as many of you can see. I was going to do a whole post on my overview of this series but I didn't want to over talk the series. One of the reasons that this is one of my favorites is because of how real that could be one day. I mentioned that my cousin is teaching her 7th graders this book before the movie comes out and she brought up an important point, that we're not that far away from Capitol styles with Lady Gaga walking around in her meat suits with horns and hatching from an egg. When she shows up in a dress thats on fire, then it really is the beginning. This series is a trilogy. 






How could I not talk about the Harry Potter series? I love the books, I'm eh on the movies. I started to read the books when I was fourth grade and I have to admit, I did not want to read them, but once my mother read the first book to me, I couldn't stop. I know that I could probably do with re-reading the books since I read them all on the days that they came out. I've seen all the movies and it hasn't hurt my love of the series. One of the other great things about this series is that it appeals to both girls and boys and not only that, but it brings magic back to life for them even when they've forgotten about it.




I'm a sucker for a good crime novel and thats what this series is. The Gretchen Lowell series is centered around a female serial killer and the cop that took her down. Lowell doesn't play a key role to the cases involved in the first two books, but it is fun when she eggs on Archie, the cop and you find out more about their twisted relationship and what happened when he finally apprehended her.




As many of you have caught on by now, I love me some dystopian fiction and I love me some zombies. This book takes the best of those two as Littlefield offers a whole new take on zombies. The zombies in her books, aka Beaters, not only munch on each other lovingly, but they make their own little communities. This first two books of this series are on shelves with a third one coming later this month. Littlefield also wrote a short story that takes place between the first two books which was a nice little treat.






Shatter Me is another series that hasn't been published in its entirety. The first book only came out in November with the second installment coming out during this new year. At first this book confused me, but like every girl, I gave it 50 pages to amaze me, and it did just that. It was a totally gipping book and I for sure can't wait for the rest of the trilogy. It's very reminiscent of Rouge from XMen with a really great twist. This too is a dystopian book and young adult.











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...